Truth About Mold

Truth About Mold - moldy room
Truth About Mold - mold expert
Truth About Mold - moldy house
If you are looking for accurate information about toxic mold, you have come to the right place.  If someone tells you that toxic mold isn't harmful, they are not telling you the truth.
We know there is a lot of confusing and misleading information about toxic mold.  The insurance companies, their attorneys and defense experts, and other naysayers and deniers have spent millions of dollars denying the truth about the health effects of mold and mycotoxins

We created this website to give you a place to go to help you identify accurate and reliable information.

If you find a website, article or document that says toxic mold isn't harmful, that information is not accurate.

The truth about mold has been known for many years, but "Big Business" and the insurance industry and other naysayers and deniers have spent millions of dollars denying the truth.....just like they did with tobacco.  The tobacco industry denied the truth about the health effects of tobacco for 50 years.

In fact, according to the Massachusetts report, "sick building syndrome" has been known since World War I, but the first published research paper on the topic did not happen until 1948 in England.  Our website has reports from many government agencies including the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) and many other Government Agencies.

It's important to know that the insurance industry and other naysayers (deniers) have spent a lot of money trying to stop the use of the term "toxic mold."  The truth is that many types of mold produce mycotoxins, so the term "toxic mold" is appropriate.  They like to "spin" the news to their advantage and have paid their defense experts huge sums of money to write reports claiming that mold isn't harmful.  This is all part of their "misinformation" strategy to hide the truth about the health effects of mold.  They use similar tactics during litigation.  The bad faith insurance companies will spin the truth and alter the facts and the evidence.  They will do ANYTHING to win lawsuits including paying bribes and committing other crimes. 

It's also important to know there can be other factors (in addition to mold and mycotoxins)  that cause illness in water-damaged buildings.  For example, there could be various types of bacteria such as actinomycetes and streptomycetes.

This is a complex issue, so you must be sure to hire qualified experts to help you and get medical treatment from doctors who know how to treat illness caused by toxic mold.

We have hundreds of documents in our files.  If you are looking for specific information, research papers, naysayer papers or reports, Contact us.

Bottom line: If someone tells you the inhalation of molds and mycotoxins isn't harmful, they are giving you incorrect information. We hope the U.S. legal system will eventually investigate and prosecute the individuals and corporations involved in this cover-up.
DO NOT use bleach on mold. 

Some government agencies and disaster recovery organizations still recommend using bleach on mold, but that advice is not accurate. 

From the Global Indoor Health Network's paper on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Illness Caused by Contaminants in Water-Damaged Buildings:

Serious disinformation has been popularized and reflected in the guidelines given healthcare workers and the public encouraging the use of bleach (sodium hypochlorite) and other chlorinated products for cleaning the mold from damp indoor spaces. Biocides, including chlorine bleach, are harmful to humans and pets. Bleach is a strong corrosive material and will irritate the eyes, skin and respiratory tract. It is cytotoxic and genotoxic and has an accumulative effect on the body and can cause damage to organs.

In regard to using bleach on mold, some species propagate via spores that are unaffected by chlorine, acids, caustics or ozone. In addition, chlorinating carbon-based organic toxins increases their toxicity by increasing their mutagenicity and their lipid solubility which allows these poisons to enter the skin and accumulate in lipid rich tissue such as fat deposits and the brain.
Do not use bleach mold
Share by: